For more similar fantastic braai sosatie recipes click here! more recipes…
- 1 each long red and green chillies, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (80ml) apple cider vinegar
- 4 x 200g rump steaks
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbs honey
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup (140g) crunchy peanut butter
- 11/2 tbs each Sriracha and kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- Micro coriander, to serve
- Combine chilli and vinegar in a bowl. Set aside to pickle.
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan to medium-high heat. Slice each steak into 3 long strips, then thread onto skewers. Combine the garlic, honey and 1 tbs oil in a bowl. Season and brush over skewers.
- Cook skewers for 2-3 minutes each side for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make satay, combine peanut butter, Sriracha, kecap manis, lime juice, fish sauce and 1/4 cup (60ml) water in a bowl. Season.
- Serve skewers drizzled with Sriracha satay, pickled chilli and micro coriander.
Get ingredients for this recipe here!