For more similar awesome braai summer salad and other braai side dishes recipes click here! more recipes…
- 4 yellow peaches, halved, stones removed
- 250g haloumi, cut into 1cm slices
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (280g) thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 baby cos lettuce, quartered lengthways
- 150g shaved ham off the bone, roughly torn
- 1/2 cup (80g) green olives, sliced into cheeks
- 1/2 bunch mint, leaves picked
- 1/2 cup (50g) flaked almonds, roasted
- 1 1/2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbs white soy sauce (from Asian supermarkets) or light soy sauce
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Heat a barbecue or chargrill pan to medium-high heat. Drizzle peaches and haloumi with oil. Cook haloumi for 2 minutes each side or until grill marks appear, and cook peaches, cut-side down, for 2 minutes or until grill marks appear.
HOW TO PREPARE HALOUMI
- For the dressing, whisk all ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Season yoghurt, then spoon onto a plate. Top with grilled haloumi and peaches, lettuce, ham, olives, mint and roasted almonds. Drizzle with dressing to serve.