For more of the best fish braai recipes and delicious fish braai ideas click here! more recipes…
Summer Braai Recipe Ideas, Fish Braai Recipes, Prawn Braai Recipes, The best Braai Sosatie Recipes and Ideas
Prawn braai ideas
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil, plus extra to brush
- 1 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (pimenton)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 oranges, 1 juiced, 1 cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 18 extra-large green king prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 3cm lengths
- 150g dried chorizo, cut into 18 pieces
- Combine the oil, paprika, garlic, orange juice and 1 tbs oregano in a small bowl. Add the prawns and toss to coat. Chill for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Soak toothpicks or skewers in water for 15 minutes. Heat a barbecue or chargrill to medium-high. thread 1 prawn, 1 piece of asparagus and 1 slice of chorizo onto each skewer. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 18 skewers.
- Grill skewers, in batches, for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Scatter with remaining 1 tbs oregano. Brush orange wedges with a little extra oil, then grill for 2 minutes each side or until charred. Serve with prawn skewers.