For more similar fabulous braai salads recipes click here! more recipes…
- 4 medium red beets
- 1/2 c. red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 medium red onions
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. Freshly ground pepper
- 6 c. mesclun
- 6 oz. Manouri or other mild goat cheese
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive brine (from jar of kalamata olives)
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. crushed dried oregano (preferably Greek)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- tsp. Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- To make salad: In a large saucepan, combine beets, vinegar, l teaspoon salt, and enough cold water to cover beets by 2 inches; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook until tender, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool beets in cooking liquid; peel. Using a handheld slicer, cut beets into 1/8-inch-thick slices. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill or a grill pan. Brush both sides of onion slices with olive oil; sprinkle with pepper and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Grill onions over medium heat until evenly charred and tender, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- To make vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, brine, honey, oregano, salt, and pepper. Gradually add oil, whisking in a thin, steady stream until blended.
- Arrange 1 cup greens and 1/4 cup cheese on each of 6 plates. Divide the sliced beets and grilled onions equally among the plates and drizzle with vinaigrette. Finish with sprinkle of dill.
Get ingredients for this recipe here!
More Braai salads ideas and braai side dishes
salads with braai Separator salads for braai Separator salads for a braai Separator braai salad Separator salads with braai Separator salads for braai meat Separator salads recipes for braai Separator salads recipe
You must be logged in to post a comment.