For more of the best pork braai recipes click here! more recipes…
FOR THE CUCUMBER NƯỚC CHẤM SAUCE
- 6 tbsp. hot water
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. lime juice
- 1/4 c. cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Thai bird’s eye chili, thinly sliced (optional)
FOR THE KEBABS
- 3 tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil, plus more for cooking
- 1 lb. thick pork chops, cut into 1” pieces
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1” chunks
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 large daikon, peeled and cut into 1” chunks
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Make the cucumber nước chấm: In a medium bowl, whisk together all the ingredients. Transfer to the fridge until ready to serve.
- Make the kebabs: In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, fish sauce, and oil until thoroughly combined. Add pork and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 2 hours.
- Soak skewers in a shallow pan filled with water for 10 minutes to prevent scorching. In a medium bowl, add carrots and 2 tablespoons of water. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and use a fork to pierce plastic a few times. Transfer bowl to a microwave and steam carrots until just beginning to soften (but still have some bite), 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove pork from marinade and transfer marinade to a medium saucepan. Bring sauce to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook until the sauce is reduced slightly and coats the back of a spoon, 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high for 3 minutes. Thread pork, carrots, and daikon onto skewers. Brush skewers with a bit of neutral oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill kebabs for 5 minutes, flipping every minute or so to ensure even cooking.
- After 5 minutes, start brushing the kebabs with the reduced marinade after each flip, and cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until the thickest piece of pork reaches 145ºF on an instant read thermometer.
- Transfer skewers to a platter, drizzle with the cucumber nước chấm and serve.
For more similar fantastic braai sosatie recipes click here! more recipes…https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js?client=ca-pub-7550670153824033