Skip to content
For more similar awesome braai pasta salad recipes click here! more recipes…
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1” cubes
- 1/2 c. plus 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, 2 smashed, 2 grated or finely minced, divided
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 c. thinly sliced basil, plus more for serving
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/3 c. bread crumbs
- 4 oz. feta, crumbled (about ½ c.)
- 1/2 lb. medium-sized pasta, like rigatoni
- Preheat oven to 200°c. Combine eggplant, ½ cup oil, smashed garlic cloves, and oregano in a 24x32cm baking dish.
- Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and bake until eggplant is extremely tender and golden, stirring every 10 minutes, for about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make topping: In a medium bowl, combine panko, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and ¼ of the crumbled feta.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Drain.
- When eggplant is cooked, stir in sliced basil, lemon juice, and grated garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Switch oven to broil. Transfer cooked pasta and remaining crumbled feta to baking dish with eggplant and stir to combine.
- Top with panko mixture and broil until golden. Top with basil and serve.