For more similar fantastic pork braai recipes click here! more recipes…
- 2kg baby back or St. Louis Style Ribs 2 racks
- 1 1/2 cups sweet thai chili sauce
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons thai red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced or grated
- pinch of pepper
Peanut BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter warmed/melted
- 1/4 cup sweet thai chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons thai red curry paste
- 1/2-1 tablespoon Chinese 5 spice
- 1 lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
Sweet Thai Ginger Slaw
- 4 cups cabbage shredded, use both green and purple
- 1 zucchini cut into strips
- 1 red pepper cut into strips
- 1 orange pepper. cut into strips
- 1 large jalapeno seeded + chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 2 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sweet thai chili sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons peanut butter warmed/melted, used 2
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts chopped
- If using baby back ribs take a butter knife, wedge it just underneath the membrane to loosen and pull the membrane up and off the bone. Then just use your hands to pull the rest of the membrane off.
- Place the ribs in a large baking dish or roasting pan.
- In a large 4 cup glass measuring cup or bowl combine the sweet thai chili sauce, soy sauce, red curry paste, fish sauce, ginger, garlic and pepper. Whisk to combine and then pour the marinade over the ribs. Place the ribs in the fridge overnight, turning then once or twice if possible to make sure they get fully covered in the marinade.
- The next morning or afternoon (depending on when you plan to eat) preheat the oven 150C. Cover the baking dish tightly with foil and bake for 2 1/2-6 hours (if you go the full six hours bake them at 165C degrees .) or until very tender. Try to baste the ribs once or twice during cooking. During this time I prepare the BBQ sauce and slaw (recipes below).
- When the ribs are done cooking preheat the grill to medium high heat and grease the grates. Remove the ribs from the baking dish and place them a baking sheet or large tray. Cover the ribs in the Peanut BBQ sauce (recipe below) and grill 3-5 minutes per side or until lightly charred. Be careful flipping the ribs as the will be very tender. Serve the ribs with more Peanut BBQ sauce and the Thai Slaw (recipes below).
Peanut BBQ Sauce
- In a large glass measuring cup or bowl whisk together the soy sauce, ketchup, warm/melted peanut butter, sweet thai chili sauce, rice vinegar, thai red curry paste, Chinese 5 spice, lime juice and cilantro.
- If the sauce is not mixing place it in the microwave or over the stove and warm until everything is melted together.
- If the sauce is to thick add water to your liking.
Thai Peanut Slaw
- Add the cabbage, zucchini, red pepper, orange pepper, jalapeno, cilantro and basil to a large bowl.
- In another small bowl whisk together the lime juice, rice wine vinegar, sweet thai chili sauce, warmed/melted peanut butter, fish sauce, soy sauce and fresh ginger.
- Pour the dressing over the slaw and toss well to coat. Place in the fridge until ready to serve and then add the peanut.
- The coleslaw can be made the night before.
pork braai – pork braai recipes – braai pork marinade – pork braai ideas – pork sosatie braai recipes – braai pork recipes and ideas
Get ingredients for this recipe here!
You must be logged in to post a comment.