For more similar awesome braai dessert recipes click here! more braai dessert recipes…
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 2 eggs (room temp)
- 1 tablespoon smooth apricot jam
- 1 ¼ cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarb of soda (5ml)
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons butter (30ml)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (15ml)
- 125ml milk
- 250ml cream
- 125ml butter
- 90ml sugar
- 35ml fynbos honey
- 1/2 vanilla pod / 1tspn essence or extract
- 75ml Drambuie
- 35ml water
- Set oven to 190°C
- Beat castor sugar and eggs until fluffy then beat in the jam until a creamy consistency
- Sift dry ingredients in separate bowl.
- Melt butter in a small pot on medium heat and add the vinegar and milk.
- Now add the egg mixture and the butter mixture to the sifted ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour into an ovenproof casserole dish that takes about 2 liters.
- Bake at 190°C for 50 mins until the top is nicely browned.
- Melt all the sauce ingredients together in a small pot over medium heat and pour over the pudding before serving, preferably while it’s still hot.
- Serve it with ice-cream or custard or both.