For more similar awesome fish braai recipes and fish braai marinades click here! more recipes…
- 4 tbsp. Hoisin sauce
- 2tbsp. Rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. Mirin
- ½ tsp. Garlic chili paste
- 1 tbsp. Crushed fresh ginger
- juice of ½ lime.
- Vegetable oil or olive oil for garnishing
- Thinly sliced spring onions, sesame seeds
- 4 Pieces of 115 grams of salmon fillets with skin
- First, you need to sprinkle salt on the salmon fillets an hour before putting it over the grill. It will be even better if you keep it a night before to let the salt embed properly in the fillet.
- You can use sealing plastic over the bowl and keep it inside the refrigerator. Maintain a mild temperature to avoid over-freezing.…
- Take a bowl, big enough to fluff up Hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, soy sauce, mirin, garlic chili paste and lime juice.
- After whisking the ingredients, season the salmon by massaging. Keep it for half an hour to let the seasoning sink in.
- Now, preheat the braai on high
- Place the salmon’s skin part unto the braai grill, brush lightly with sauce and close the lid for 4 minutes if you are cooking in high heat and 6 minutes if on low heat.
- After 4 minutes, flip the side carefully using a wide spatula to avoid flaking. This time, you need to cook only for 2 minutes.
- You’ll see your salmon’s middle part turning pinkish and are now cooked medium-rare.
- Use a spatula to take out the fillet. You can garnish it with spring onion and sesame seeds. Pour the sauce to enrich the taste.