A Prawn bbq idea with a spicey thai butter
Summer Braai Recipe Ideas, Fish Braai Recipes, Prawn Braai Recipes, The best Braai Sosatie Recipes and Ideas
Prawn braai ideas
- 1kg large raw tiger prawn , heads removed, but unpeeled
For the butter
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 small bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 red chili, deseeded and chopped
- tsp paprika
- black pepper and salt to taste
- juice 2 lime, plus wedges to serve
- 200g butter, softened
- To make the butter, put the garlic, coriander, chilli and lime juice in a food processor and pulse until chopped but not sludgy.
- Remove 1 tbsp of the mix, toss with the prawns and set aside in the fridge. Add the butter and some seasoning to the food processor, and pulse again until everything is combined.
- Scrape out onto a sheet of foil, roll into a sausage and put in the freezer to harden.
- Fire up the barbecue. When the coals have just turned white, cook the prawns for 3-4 mins on each side until they turn pink.
- Lift them off the barbecue onto a platter and, while still sizzling hot, melt thin slices of about half the butter over the prawns.
- Melt the remaining butter and serve with the prawns to dip into, and lime wedges for squeezing over.