For more similar awesome Snoek Fish Braai braai recipes and fish braai marinades click here! more recipes…
fish braai ideas
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, plus more for rubbing
- Chop all of the ingredients except the oil together with a large pinch of salt. Transfer the paste to a small bowl and stir in the oil.
- Make 5 parallel 3-inch-long slashes on each side of the snapper, slicing almost through to the bone.
- Lightly season the fish with salt and fill the slashes with the paste. Rub the fish all over with canola oil.
- Light a grill and oil a grill basket that’s large enough to hold the fish.
- Set the fish in the basket and grill over moderate heat, turning once, until the flesh just flakes with a fork, about 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove the fish from the basket and transfer to a platter. Using 2 forks, lift the fillets off the bones and serve.