Skip to content
For more similar awesome braai summer salad and other braai side dishes recipes click here! more recipes…
- 4 c. peas, thawed if frozen
- 1/4 small red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 4 strips bacon, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. crumbled feta
- In a large bowl, toss peas, cabbage, radishes, green onions, parsley, and salt together.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon from pan and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Return skillet to heat and add shallots and garlic. Cook until shallots are soft, 5 minutes. Add red wine, then whisk in mustard. Season with red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Pour warm dressing over pea mixture and top with bacon and feta before serving.