For more similar fantastic winter braai salad recipes click here! more recipes…
- 6 medium beets, scrubbed
- 6 c. rocket
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 c. chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/2 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°c.
- Wrap each beetroot in foil and place it on a baking sheet.
- Roast until tender (you can insert a fork or knife through the foil to test), about 1 hour. Let sit until cool enough to handle, then peel and cut into wedges.
- Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette: In a jar, shake together olive oil, vinegar, maple syrup, and Dijon until fully combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place rocket in a large serving bowl and lightly dress with vinaigrette.
- Top with beets, avocado, goat cheese, and walnuts. Toss gently and add more vinaigrette as needed.