For more similar awesome braai potato salad recipes click here! more recipes…
braai salad ideas, braai potato salad, braai side dishes, Summer Braai Recipe Ideas, Vegan Braai Salad Recipe Ideas
- 2kg. small red potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 c. dry white wine
- 1/2 c. low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 c. light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 c. packed fresh basil leaves
- chopped fresh chives
- In 8-quart saucepot, place potatoes and enough cold water to cover by 2 inches. Cover and heat to boiling on high. Add 1 teaspoon salt.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well and transfer to large bowl.
- To bowl with potatoes, add wine and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Toss gently until well mixed. Cool to room temperature.
- Prepare dressing: In large measuring cup, with wire whisk, stir buttermilk, mayonnaise, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, and remaining 3 tablespoons lemon juice until well blended. (Dressing can be made up to 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- To bowl with potatoes, add dressing and basil. Toss gently until evenly coated. Garnish with chives.