For more similar awesome fish braai recipes click here! more recipes…
- 2 whole red snapper, cleaned and scaled
- 1 bunch green onions, washed and sliced into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed
For the Sauce:
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic optional
- 1/2 tsp chile sauce optional
- Heat the grill to medium-high.Oil the outside of the fish with sesame oil and stuff fresh cilantro and sliced lime inside the fish cavity. Other herbs and lemon can easily be substituted.
- Place the fish on a rimless cookie sheet and slide onto the grill. Grill with lid closed for 6-8 minutes, depending on thickness.Flip and grill on the second side until the flesh is opaque (white) and flakes easily, another 6-8 minutes.Remove the fish from the grill using a fish spatula and slide onto the cookie sheet.