For more similar awesome Snoek Fish Braai recipes click here! more recipes…
A classic snoek braai recipe
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Lemon, Zest and juice of
- 125 ml Apricot jam, smooth
- 2 tsp Cape malay curry powder
- 1 Salt and black pepper, Coarse
- 1 Olive oil
- 150 g Butter
- 1 Splash White wine
- 1 Whole snoek, filleted
- Sprinkle the snoek with salt and leave for 20–30 minutes. Rinse off and pat dry.
- Cook the butter and garlic until the butter is foamy. Add apricot jam, lemon zest, curry powder and wine. Stir through. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and pepper.
- Coat the snoek in oil so it won’t stick to the grid. Braai for about 15 minutes, basting with the apricot butter and turning frequently. Serve with leftover apricot butter.