For more similar awesome winter braai salad recipes click here! more recipes…
This warm healthy braai salads idea is a winner for a winter braai!
- 2 lb. new red potatoes
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 medium leeks, white and light green parts only, halved lengthwise
- 3 tbsp. plus 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 2 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. whole-grain mustard
- Heat grill to medium-high. Place potatoes in large pot, add enough cold water to cover by 2 inches, and bring to a boil. Add 2 teaspoons salt, reduce heat, and simmer until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to cool.
- While potatoes cook, brush leeks with 2 teaspoons oil, then place on grill cut sides down and grill, covered, until charred and nearly tender, 6 minutes. Turn and cook 2 minutes more.
- Transfer to bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let sit at least 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine lemon zest, pepper flakes, vinegar, mustard, remaining 3 tablespoons oil, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Halve potatoes, or quarter if large.
- Chop leeks and toss with vinaigrette, then fold in potatoes.