For more similar awesome braai salad recipes click here! more recipes…
This watermelon braai salad with feta is a little different for this summers braai.
- 1 scallion
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. champagne vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. ground sumac
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 3 lb. watermelon, rind removed and cut into large triangular chunks
- 3 Persian cucumbers, smashed and then cut into 1/2-in. pieces
- 6 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 c. whole-milk yogurt
- 1/4 c. small fresh mint leaves
- Flaky sea salt, for serving
- Finely chop white and light green parts of scallion; thinly slice dark green part and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, sumac, chopped scallion and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add watermelon and cucumbers and gently toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a mini food processor, puree feta and yogurt until smooth. Spread onto serving platter.
- Remove watermelon and cucumbers from marinade and arrange on top of sauce. Spoon 3 tablespoons of the marinade over top, then sprinkle with mint, sliced scallion and sea salt.
You must be logged in to post a comment.