For more similar awesome fish braai recipes click here! more recipes…
A classic snoek braai recipe
- 1 snoek fillet
- 1 ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Good quality olive oil, about ½ cup
- Additional coarse sea salt
- 1 or 2 lemons cut into wedges
- ½ cup chopped parsley, optional
- Rinse the fish fillets and lay it onto paper towels. Use the paper towels to pat the fish dry and place the fillets on a wire rack (a baking or cooling rack placed inside of a baking sheet works great to catch any drips and spills).
- Sprinkle half the salt and half the pepper over the fish. Carefully drizzle half of the olive oil over the seasoned fish. Using a pastry brush or your fingers, evenly distribute the oil all over that side of the fish. Flip the fish over on the rack and repeat with remaining salt, pepper, and oil. Let the fish rest and marinade while you fire up the grill.
- Get your grill heat to high and allow it to heat for 5 to 10 minutes until the grill is very hot. Carry the fish out and open the lid to the grill, it should be very hot. Use a brush to scrap the grill grate clean and then lower the temperature to low. Place the fish on the grill, close the lid, and leave the fish to cook with the lid closed, without turning for 7 to 10 minutes (chances are really good your fish will be done right at 7 minutes unless it is very thick, check it 7 minutes!).
- The fish should be white and flakey when you test it with the end of a paring knife. Using a metal spatula remove from the grill.
- Sprinkle with additional sea salt and lemon juice before serving and then serve with additional lemon slices and chopped parsley to suit individual tastes
fish on the braai fish braai recipes braai fish recipes braai fish recipe stuffed fish braai recipes stuffed fish braai recipe fish braai ideas