- 12-15 fresh red chili peppers, chopped (use more or less depending on your heat preference)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a blender or food processor, combine the chopped chili peppers, minced garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, paprika, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Blend the mixture until smooth.
- Pour the sauce into a saucepan and bring it to a simmer over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Let the sauce cool down to room temperature.
- Use the sauce to marinate your meat before the braai (barbecue), or serve it on the side as a dipping sauce.
Enjoy your delicious homemade South African peri-peri sauce!