- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, rice vinegar, minced garlic, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved and the sauce starts to simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let the sauce cool down to room temperature.
- Use the sauce to baste your meat during the braai (barbecue), or serve it on the side as a dipping sauce.
Enjoy your delicious homemade smoky and savory sauce with soy sauce!