- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 habanero peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small saucepan, combine the pineapple juice, chopped habanero peppers, minced garlic, and honey.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water until smooth.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the saucepan and whisk to combine.
- Cook the sauce over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens and starts to simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let the sauce cool down to room temperature.
- Use the sauce to baste your meat during the braai (barbecue), or serve it on the side as a dipping sauce.
Enjoy your delicious homemade Pineapple and habanero sauce with pineapple juice, habanero peppers, garlic, and honey!