Classic BBQ sauce with ketchup, molasses, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and spices: This traditional BBQ sauce is perfect on ribs, brisket, and pulled pork. It’s also great as a dipping sauce for chicken nuggets.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, combine the ketchup, molasses, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sauce starts to simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let the sauce cool down to room temperature.
- Use the sauce to baste your meat during the braai (barbecue), or serve it on the side as a dipping sauce.
Enjoy your delicious homemade classic BBQ sauce with ketchup, molasses, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and spices!