Elevate your next barbecue with this delicious Asian-style marinade! This flavorful blend of soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes will give your grilled meat a savory and slightly sweet taste with a hint of heat. Perfect for chicken, beef, pork, or tofu, this marinade is easy to make and will take your outdoor cooking to the next level.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for your chosen marinade in a bowl.
- Place your meat of choice in a resealable plastic bag or a shallow dish.
- Pour the marinade over the meat, making sure it is coated evenly.
- Seal the bag or cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Cook the meat on the braai or grill until it is cooked to your desired level of doneness.