- 1.5 kg lamb ribs
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine the minced garlic, chopped rosemary, chopped thyme, olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to create the marinade.
- Place the lamb ribs in a large dish or resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over them. Make sure all the ribs are coated evenly. Cover the dish or seal the bag and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or preferably overnight, to allow the flavours to develop.
- Preheat the braai (barbecue) to medium-high heat.
- Remove the lamb ribs from the marinade, allowing any excess marinade to drip off.
- Place the ribs on the braai grill and cook for about 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally, until they are nicely browned and cooked to your desired level of doneness.
- Remove the ribs from the braai and let them rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the Garlic and Herb Braai Lamb Ribs hot, accompanied by your favourite sides or dipping sauces.
Enjoy the succulent and flavourful Garlic and Herb Braai Lamb Ribs with your friends and family at your next barbecue gathering!
Garlic and herb braai lamb ribs are a delicious and easy-to-make meal that is sure to please any crowd. This step-by-step guide will show you how to make the perfect garlic and herb braai lamb ribs.
Step 1: Preparing the Ribs
Start by prepping the ribs. Remove any excess fat from the ribs and rinse them in cold water. Pat them dry with a paper towel and season them with salt and pepper.
Step 2: Making the Marinade
In a bowl, mix together garlic, olive oil, rosemary, thyme, oregano, and lemon juice. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
Step 3: Marinating the Ribs
Place the ribs in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over them. Make sure the ribs are completely covered in the marinade. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
Step 4: Prepping the Grill
Prepare the grill for indirect heat. This means that the coals should be placed on one side of the grill and the ribs should be placed on the other side.
Step 5: Cooking the Ribs
Place the ribs on the grill and cook for about 30 minutes, flipping them every 10 minutes. Make sure to baste the ribs with the marinade every time you flip them.
Step 6: Finishing the Ribs
Once the ribs are cooked through, brush them with a mixture of melted butter and garlic. Place them back on the grill for a few minutes to allow the butter and garlic to caramelize.
The Benefits of Adding Garlic and Herbs to Your Braai Lamb Ribs
Grilling lamb ribs is a popular way to enjoy a delicious meal. Adding garlic and herbs to the ribs can enhance the flavor and make the meal even more enjoyable. Garlic and herbs can add a variety of flavors to the ribs, making them more flavorful and enjoyable.
Garlic is a popular ingredient in many dishes, and it can add a unique flavor to lamb ribs. Garlic has a strong, pungent flavor that can add depth and complexity to the ribs. It can also help to tenderize the meat, making it more succulent and juicy. Garlic can be added to the marinade or rubbed directly onto the ribs before grilling.
Herbs are another great way to add flavor to lamb ribs. Herbs such as rosemary, thyme, oregano, and sage can all be used to enhance the flavor of the ribs. These herbs can be added to the marinade or rubbed directly onto the ribs before grilling. The herbs will infuse the ribs with their flavor, making them even more delicious.