- 1 tomahawk steak, around 1.25kg
- vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp togarashi
- sea salt
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- Heat a gas or charcoal barbecue to a medium-high heat.
- Brush the steaks liberally with oil and season with the togarashi and 1 tbsp of sea salt, patting it to stick.
- Put on the grill, fat-side down for the first 5 minutes and then cook on either side, turning every 5 minutes for around 30-35 minutes for medium-rare.
- Whisk all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl.
- Remove the steak to a plate, pour over the dressing, cover and leave to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Slice the steak and serve with the dressing and resting juices.