- 4 tsp ground cumin
- 4 tsp paprika
- 4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp fine sea salt
- crushed to make 1 /4 tsp black peppercorns
- 30 chicken wings, tips removed and jointed
- a big handful oregano, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 300g natural yogurt
- Prepare the BBQ for indirect cooking by banking up the coals on one side so that there is a hot side and a cooler side.
- For the yogurt sauce, mix the garlic with the lemon juice in a bowl and set aside.Combine the spices, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Toss the wings with 3 tbsp of this mixture in another bowl.
- Cook the wings on the cooler side of the braai, with the lid closed, for 30 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Move the wings to direct heat, over the coals, and cook for another 5 minutes, moving them around and turning to ensure even crisping.
- Roast for 45 minutes until cooked through. Heat the grill to high and transfer the wings to a large tray, discarding any cooking juices.
- Grill for 15-20 minutes, turning them every 3-4 minutes, until charred and crispy.