Skip to content
- ½ tbsp ginger paste
- ½ tbsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsp green chilli and coriander paste, (see above)
- 2 tbsp papaya paste
- 1 tbsp deggi mirch
- crushed to make 1 tbsp whole black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp chaat masala
- 4 tbsp chilli oil
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 tbsp greek yogurt
- ½ tbsp garam masala
- 8 lamb rack chops
- coriander, to serve
- Mix together the ginger and garlic pastes, the chilli and coriander paste, papaya paste and all the dry spices.
- Add the chilli and mustard oils, the yogurt and garam masala, then brush the marinade over the lamb chops generously.
- Chill for 6-8 hours to marinate.
- Heat the oven to 240C/fan 220C/gas 8. Put a frying or griddle pan over a high heat and sear the marinated lamb chops for 30 seconds on either side until lightly charred.
- Transfer the chops to a roasting tray and roast for 8-10 minutes for medium or 14-18 minutes for well done, depending on the size of the chops.
- Serve alongside a watermelon and kalonji (onion seed) salad and coriander and mint chutney.
- Scatter with coriander and serve the chops with your favourite accompaniments.