- 1 1/2 lb. skirt steak
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tbsp. lime juice
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 avocados, diced
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro, plus cilantro leaves for serving
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 c. red grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 c. yellow grape tomatoes, halved
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place steak in a shallow glass baking dish. In a small bowl, whisk together cumin, coriander, garlic, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Pour mixture over steak, turning to coat, and marinate 10 minutes.
- Make guacamole: In a medium bowl, mash together avocado, onion, cilantro, red pepper flakes, and remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice until chunky, then season with salt.
- In a medium bowl, mix tomatoes with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill tomatoes until blistered, 4 minutes, then remove tomatoes and increase heat to high.
- Add steak to grill and season with salt and pepper. Grill 3 minutes per side for medium-rare, then let sit 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice steak against the grain. Top with blistered tomatoes and cilantro, and serve with guacamole.
Get ingredients for this recipe here!