Ingredients 1 tablespoon brown sugar 1 tablespoon paprika 1 tablespoon chili 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon garlic powder 4 pounds beef short ribs (bone-in) Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil ½ cup barbecue sauce, plus additional for serving Directions Mix brown sugar, paprika, chili powder, salt, and garlic powder in a medium bowl. Cut ribs into 4 […]
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 pounds beef short ribs (bone-in)
- Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
- ½ cup barbecue sauce, plus additional for serving
- Mix brown sugar, paprika, chili powder, salt, and garlic powder in a medium bowl.
- Cut ribs into 4 equal portions. Generously rub spice mixture onto all surfaces of ribs; place ribs in a single layer in a glass baking dish. Cover and refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium indirect heat, 190 to 200 degrees C
- Center one portion ribs on a 12×18-inch sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil; add 2 ice cubes. Bring up the foil sides, then double-fold the top and ends to seal the packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Repeat to make 3 more packets.
- Arrange packets over indirect heat on the preheated grill. Cover and cook until tender, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Uncover the grill. Keeping the foil packets on the grill, open them carefully by cutting along the top folds with a sharp knife, allowing steam to escape; then proceed to open packets fully.
- Brush ribs with about 1/2 cup barbecue sauce. Move packets over direct heat, cover, and continue grilling, turning once, until ribs are browned and crisp, about 5 minutes more.
- Serve with additional barbecue sauce as desired.