- 1/2 c.low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 c.extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c.lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 c.bourbon
- 2 tbsp.whole-grain mustard
- 2 tsp.cajun seasoning
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp.fresh thyme leaves
- 2 lb.tri-tip steak (or a very thick cut of sirloin)
- 2 tbsp.butter, cut into tabs
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, olive oil, brown sugar, bourbon, mustard, Spicey Cajun seasoning, garlic, thyme, and red pepper flakes.
- Pour out about ⅓ of mixture to use for glaze later. Toss steak in mixture and let marinate for 20 minutes, or up to 4 hours. (If marinating for more than 20 minutes, cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate.)
- Heat grill or grill pan to high. Remove steak from marinade and season both sides with salt and pepper. Grill until charred on bottom, about 10 minutes.
- Flip steak, then lower grill to medium-high and cook for another 8 to 10 minutes. (A meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat should register around 130°.)
- Remove from braai and let rest on cutting board before slicing against the grain.
- Meanwhile, make glaze: Pour reserved marinade into a small saucepan and bring mixture to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and cook until mixture has thickened slightly.
- Whisk in butter until melted. Remove from heat
- Brush glaze over steak and garnish with parsley, if using.
Get ingredients for this recipe here!