- 2 racks lamb spare ribs
For the rub:
- ½ cup olive oil
- salt, pepper to taste
- ¼ cup curry spice OR make your own with the ingredients below
- honey- to drizzle at the end- I used Bees Knees spicy honey from mixemade.com
Make your own curry:
- ½ tbsp. cardamom
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp coriander
- 1 tbsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp chipotle powder (or your favorite pepper)
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- Combine all ingredients until uniformly mixed. Next, prepare your ribs by removing the membrane on the underneath side. This can be done by using a butter knife and inserting it underneath the membrane.
- Apply olive oil to the ribs and then generously coat them on both sides with the rub. Let them marinate the fridge for 30 minutes while you prepare your grill.
- Prepare your grill for 230 degrees with a direct and indirect zone. Grill the lamb on indirect heat for 20 minutes each side, or until an internal read thermometer reads 80 degrees.
- Grill the lamb for another 5 minutes (or until at 145 degrees internal temp), meaty side down, to obtain a nice char and caramelization on the grill.
- Pull the ribs off and finish with a drizzle of honey to give that “gooey, finger licking good” effect and a hint of sweetness. Tent under foil for 10 minutes, then slice and serve.