For more similar awesome braai dessert recipes click here! more braai dessert recipes…
- 220 g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 15 gsoft unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 60 ml (¼ cup) smooth apricot jam
- 250 ml(1 cup) milk
- 2 tspwhite vinegar
- 3 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 150 g(1 cup) plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- 60 ml(¼ cup) hot water
- 250 ml (1 cup) pouring cream or evaporated milk
- 110 g(½ cup) caster sugar
- 100 g soft unsalted butter
- 2 tspcornflour
- lightly whipped cream or crème anglaise, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Butter a 2 litre (8 cup) capacity baking dish.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar, butter, jam and egg together until pale and fluffy.
- Mix together the milk, vinegar and vanilla bean paste.
- Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Alternately, fold the flour mixture and milk mixture into the egg mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into prepared baking dish, cover with lightly greased foil and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until just firm and golden on top.
- When the pudding is nearly ready, make the sauce.
- Stir the hot water, cream, sugar and butter in a saucepan over medium heat until the butter melts and sugar dissolves. Add a little extra vanilla at this point.
- Combine 1 tbsp water with the cornflour to make a slurry and add to the sauce.
- Bring to just below the boil, then pour over the warm pudding.
- Serve with lightly whipped cream or crème anglaise.