Skip to content
For more similar awesome chicken braai recipes click here! more recipes…
- 16-18 Chicken Wings
- ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Mango
- 1-2 Habanero Chilli Peppers
- 30g (~½ Cup) Coriander
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 80g (¼ Cup) Honey
- Cut the chicken wings into winglets and drummettes.
- Place season the chicken with the salt, baking powder, and cumin and toss to coat well.
- Have your braai set up with both a direct and indirect heating section with a temperature of around 250°C
- Place the wings on the indirect heat section of the braai, presentation side up, close the lid and cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Open the braai and check that the internal temperature of the chicken has reached 70°C, if not give it a little more cooking time.
- Remove the chicken and place it in a bowl.
- Add 125ml (½ Cup) of the glaze to the wings and using a spoon toss them around to coat.
- Return the chicken to the direct heat side of the BBQ and give them a minute or two on each side to go sticky and caramelise.