For more similar awesome chicken braai recipes click here! more recipes…
- 4 chicken Marylands
- 1/2 cup (75g) white sesame seeds
- 1 tbs white (shiro) miso paste
- 1/3 cup (80ml) sesame oil
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 4 Lebanese cucumbers
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Dill sprigs and lemon cheeks, to serve
- 500g thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 1/2 bunch oregano, leaves picked
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- For the marinade, place all ingredients in a food processor and whiz to combine. Transfer marinade to a large bowl and add the chicken. Toss to coat, then cover and chill for 1 hour to marinate.
- To make the dressing, whisk sesame seeds, miso, sesame oil and vinegar in a bowl until combined.
- Using the back of a knife, gently crush the cucumbers until cracks begin to appear down their sides. Cut cucumbers into 2cm-thick slices and add to the dressing. Toss to coat. Set aside until required.
- Heat a braai or chargrill pan to medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cook chicken skin-side down for 3-4 minutes until grill marks appear. Reduce heat to medium, then turn chicken and cook, covered (use aluminium foil if using a chargrill pan), for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Arrange chicken on a platter, top with dill and serve with smashed cucumber and lemon cheeks.