For more of the best braai potato salad recipes click here! more recipes…
- 1kg baby potatoes
- 100ml olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 50g anchovy fillets in oil, drained
- 1/4 cup semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pitted black olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons baby capers, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (40g) shaved parmesan
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Cool.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a frypan over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic and chilli, stirring, for 5 minutes until softened. Add anchovies and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until anchovies dissolve. Add tomatoes, olives and capers, then cook for 1-2 minutes until warmed through.
- When cool enough to handle, peel the potatoes and chop into 3cm pieces. Place potatoes in a bowl with the onion mixture and parsley, then toss well to combine. Top with parmesan and serve.