Skip to content
For more similar awesome braai pasta salad recipes click here! more recipes…
- 1.1lb trofie or other short pasta
- 2 bunches of asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into 3cm lengths
- 3/4 cup (180g) creme fraiche or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup dill, finely chopped, plus extra sprigs to serve
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- Grated zest of 1 lemon, plus juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup (50g) salted baby capers, rinsed, drained
- 2 cups rocket leaves, roughly chopped
- 0.5lbs smoked salmon, sliced into thin strips
- Cook pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions, adding asparagus for final 1-2 minutes.
- Drain, refresh, then cool completely.
- Meanwhile, whisk the creme fraiche, olive oil, dill, garlic, lemon juice, half the zest and 2 tablespoons water together in a small bowl, then season and set aside.
- When pasta is cool, toss with dressing, capers, rocket, remaining zest and smoked salmon.
- Serve with extra dill sprigs.