For more similar awesome braai summer salad recipes click here! more recipes…
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, half crushed, half reserved
- 4 large peaches, quartered
- 2 cured chorizos (about 250g in total), halved lengthways
- ½ baguette, slices diagonally
- 1 bunch large-leaf rocket, trimmed
- 1 large (about 125g in total) mozzarella ball, torn
- ¼ cup (25g) walnuts, toasted, chopped
- 1 cup basil leaves
- Preheat the barbecue or a grill pan to medium-high heat.
- To make a dressing, combine ¼ cup (60ml) oil, vinegar, mustard and crushed garlic in a screwtop jar, season, secure with lid and shake to combine. Set aside
- Brush peaches, chorizo and baguette slices with remaining oil. Grill peaches and chorizo cut-side down for 3 minutes or until charred. Turn and cook for 2 minutes or until charred. Set aside on a plate and loosely cover with foil to keep warm. Grill bread a minute each side, then rub one side of each with cut side of reserved garlic.
- Cut chorizo pieces into quarters. Place rocket in a large serving bowl with mozzarella, top with chorizo and peaches, scatter with walnuts and basil, drizzle with half the dressing (remaining will keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks) and serve with grilled baguette.
Get ingredients for this recipe here!
More Braai salads ideas and braai side dishes
salads with braai Separator salads for braai Separator salads for a braai Separator braai salad Separator salads with braai Separator salads for braai meat Separator salads recipes for braai Separator salads recipe