For more of the best steak braai recipes click here! more recipes…
- 2 tbs harissa paste
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large rump beef steak (about 600g), about 3cm thick
- 600g small potatoes
- 1 cup each parsley, mint and dill leaves, half finely chopped
- ½ bunch chives, half finely chopped, remaining cut into 3cm lengths
- 1 tbs each wholegrain and Dijon mustard
- Juice and finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 3 zucchini, thinly sliced into matchsticks (we used a julienne peeler)
- 2 small green apples, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (40g) pumpkin seed, toasted
- Combine harissa, 1 tbs oil, ½ tsp salt flakes and some freshly ground pepper on a large dish. Add steak and rub mixture all over. Leave to marinate and come to room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan, cover with cold salted water, bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside to steam and cool briefly, then thinly slice.
- To make a dressing, combine finely chopped herbs, both mustards, remaining oil, and lemon juice and zest in a screwtop jar, season and shake until emulsified. Add a third of the dressing to the warm potatoes and toss gently to coat. Place on a platter.
- Heat braai to high, add steak and cook, turning once, for 4-5 minutes for medium rare or until charred and cooked to your liking. Place on a plate, loosely cover with foil, leave to rest for 5 minutes, then thickly slice.
- Meanwhile, place zucchini, apple, pepitas and remaining herbs in a bowl, add half the remaining dressing, season and toss to coat. Place in a serving bowl.
- Arrange steak on a serving platter, drizzle with remaining dressing and serve with potatoes and zucchini salad.
steak braai – steak braai recipes – braai steak marinade – steak braai ideas – steak sosatie braai recipes – braai steak recipes and ideas
Get ingredients for this recipe here!