For more similar fantastic winter braai salad recipes click here! more recipes…
Braai Salad Recipe Ideas, Braai Side Dish Recipe Ideas, Vegan Braai Salad Recipe Ideas, Winter Braai Recipe Ideas
- 3 medium-sized rainbow carrots, peeled & shredded
- 2 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 beetroots, cooked, peeled, shredded
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas, liquid removed
- 2 tbsp fresh Parsely diced
- 1/3 cup almond slices, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, diced
SWEET ORANGE DRESSING
- 1/8 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic, finely diced
- 1 tbsp honey*
- 1 tsp orange blossom water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Prepare your beetroots. If you’re starting this salad with fresh beetroots, you’ll need to cook them first. Place your washed beetroots into a 6qt pot, fill with hot water, cover and simmer over medium-high heat until the beetroot are soft enough to poke a fork in the beet with ease—approximately 40 minutes.
- Shred your Veg. Shredded all of your carrots and beetroot. Thinly slice the red cabbage⏤A food processor with a shredding and slicing attachment is best for this salad.
- Mix the salad. In a large bowl add the carrots, beetroot, cabbage, and chickpeas. Pour on the dressing and taste to see if more salt is needed.
- Prepare your salad dressing. In a small mason jar with a lid, add all of the dressing ingredients. Shake vigorously.
- Plate your Salad. Pour the salad mixture into a nice serving bowl. Top the salad with parsley, apricots, and toasted almond slices.
- Serve alongside a meal or increase the portion size and make it a meal.
Get ingredients for this recipe here!
More Braai salads ideas and braai side dishes
salads with braai Separator salads for braai Separator salads for a braai Separator braai salad Separator salads with braai Separator salads for braai meat Separator salads recipes for braai Separator salads recipe