Pasta salad is the perfect braai salad idea for any type of braai !
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise, preferably Kewpie
- 2 tbsp. Sriracha
- Zest of 1/2 lime (optional)
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1″ piece ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- FOR THE SALAD
- 4 oz. soba noodles
- Toasted sesame oil
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into 1″ florets (about 2 c.)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lime (optional)
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds, plus more for garnish
- 2 medium carrots, grated (about 1 1/4 c.)
- 1 c. shredded red cabbage
- 3/4 c. edamame, blanched
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced, for serving
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients until smooth.
- In a large pot of salted, boiling water, cook noodles according to package directions until just short of al dente (3 to 4 minutes if using soba noodles). Drain immediately. Add noodles and 1 teaspoon sesame oil to the dressing bowl and toss to coat evenly. Set aside.
- Cook broccoli: In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add broccoli and cook, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is lightly charred, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon sesame oil and garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Remove from heat and toss with hoisin sauce, lime juice, and sesame until evenly coated.
- To bowl with noodles, add carrots, cabbage, edamame, and broccoli and toss until well combined.
- Garnish with green onions, cilantro, and more sesame seeds before serving.