Pasta salad is the perfect braai salad idea for any type of braai !
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1/3 c. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. sweet paprika
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE PASTA SALAD
- 800g. bowtie pasta
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 c. braai´d chicken Breast Strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, plus more for serving
- Make dressing, in a medium bowl, whisk mayonnaise with oil, lemon juice, cajun seasoning, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make pasta salad, in a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool pasta to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a medium nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium. Add chicken breast strips and cook, tossing occasionally, until warm, about 4 minutes. Remove to a work surface. Let cool slightly and then slice into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cooled pasta with the sliced chicken breast strips, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and green onion.
- Drizzle dressing over pasta mixture and toss to coat.
- Garnish with more green onions and serve.