For more similar awesome Snoek Fish Braai braai recipes and fish braai marinades click here! more recipes…
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for grill
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 2 (400g.) swordfish steaks, about 1″ thick
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. drained capers, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped oregano, plus 2 sprigs for serving
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- 2 large ripe heirloom tomatoes, halved, thickly sliced
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat; lightly oil grate. Toast pine nuts in a dry small skillet over medium heat, shaking often, until golden, about 4 minutes. Let cool and set aside for serving.
- Pat swordfish dry and season all over with salt and pepper. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and let sit at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk vinegar, capers, chopped oregano, honey, and 1/2 cup oil in a small bowl to combine; set marinade aside. Arrange tomatoes on a rimmed platter, overlapping slightly; set aside.
- Rub swordfish all over with remaining 2 Tbsp. oil and grill, undisturbed, until grill marks appear, about 4 minutes.
- Carefully turn over and cook on second side until fish is opaque all the way through, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to reserved platter with tomatoes and top with oregano sprigs. Season with more salt and pepper.
- Pour reserved marinade over and let sit at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour. To serve, scatter reserved pine nuts over.