Skip to content
For more similar awesome lamb braai recipes click here! more recipes…
- 1.3kg lean butterflied leg of lamb
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons sunflower oil
- Grated zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 1-2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1kg salad potatoes, cooked, drained and quartered
- 250g green beans, topped, tailed and lightly blanched
- 1 small bunch lemon thyme or juice of ½ lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Large bunch freshly chopped parsley
- Prepare the lamb (you might find this guide helpful: how to butterfly a leg of lamb)
- To prepare the rub mix all the ingredients together.
- Place the lamb on a chopping board, make several slits over the surface and spread the rub mixture all over the joint.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, 200°C Fan, Gas Mark 7.
- Insert 2 long metal or wooden skewers (previously soaked in water for 20 minutes), criss-crossing through the meat.
- Place directly on the shelf in a preheated oven (place a tray underneath to catch the drips) for about 50-60 minutes, turning frequently.
- Alternatively, place on a prepared barbecue not too close to the coals for about 55-60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix all the salad ingredients together and season.
- Slice the lamb and serve with the salad.