Make the most of summer veggies with this easy braai sidedish idea.
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz. green beans, trimmed and thinly sliced on a bias
- 1 lb. zucchini (about 3 medium), halved lengthwise
- 4 medium ears corn, husked
- 1/2 c. torn basil leaves
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- In large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, 2½ tablespoons oil and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper; stir in shallot.
- Fold in tomatoes and beans. Let marinate while grilling vegetables.
- In medium bowl, toss zucchini with remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Place corn and zucchini, cut sides down, on hot grill.
- Cover and grill zucchini until grill marks appear, 3 to 4 minutes, then flip and cook 1 minute more. Grill corn until lightly charred and cooked through, turning occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to cutting board as they finish cooking.
- When cool enough to handle, cut zucchini in half lengthwise, then chop into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Cut corn kernels from cobs (you should have about 2 cups). Add zucchini and corn kernels to bowl with tomatoes and toss to combine, then fold in basil. Serve at room temperature or chilled.