For more similar awesome salad recipes click here! more recipes…
A funky italian twist with fresh cape peaches, is the perfect braai salad recipe idea to give you braai a sweet and savoury kick.
- 2 peaches, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tbsp.
- plus 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest plus 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/4 c. roasted almonds, chopped
- 12 oz. fresh mozzarella
- 1/4 c. fresh basil, torn, plus small leaves, for serving
- Heat grill to medium-high. Brush peaches with 2 teaspoons oil and grill until grill marks appear, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to plate and let cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, honey and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper until honey has dissolved.
- Whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons oil; stir in lemon zest and almonds.
- Slice mozzarella, arrange on platter and top with peaches. Fold basil into almond mixture and spoon over peaches.
- Sprinkle with cracked pepper and small basil leaves if desired.