For more similar awesome braai salad recipes click here! more recipes…
Cobb salad is a fresh, filling braai salad idea to get in your greens for your summer braai
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 c. plus 1 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 lb total)
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 8 c. torn lettuce leaves or greens
- 1 lb. tomatoes (of mixed sizes, such as Campari, grape and cherry, and mixed colors), halved or cut into wedges
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and broken into pieces
- Crumbled blue cheese and toasted sandwich bread, for serving
- Heat oven to 400°F. Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add eggs and cook 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl of cold water to cool; peel and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in medium oven-safe skillet on medium-high. Season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip chicken over, cook 1 minute more, then transfer skillet to oven and roast chicken until cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and let sit at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in remaining 1/3 cup oil.
- Halve eggs. Arrange lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, onion, bacon, eggs and chicken on a platter. Serve with vinaigrette, and blue cheese and toast if desired.