#SpicyCucumberMangoBraai #ChiliLimeDressing #GrillRecipe
Spicy Cucumber and Mango Braai Salad with Chili-Lime Dressing
This flavorful salad combines the sweet and juicy taste of mango with the spicy flavors of chili and lime for a unique and delicious dish. The cucumbers and mango are grilled over a hot flame to give them a smoky and charred flavor, then tossed in a chili-lime dressing. This salad is the perfect accompaniment to any summer braai!
- 2 large cucumbers, sliced into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 large mango, peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat (180°C).
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Brush the cucumber and mango slices with the olive oil mixture. Place on the preheated grill and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until lightly charred and slightly tender.
- Remove from the grill and let cool for a few minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the lime juice, cilantro, and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Place the grilled cucumber and mango slices in a large bowl and pour the dressing over top. Toss until the slices are evenly coated.
- Serve the salad chilled or at room temperature.