#GreekInspired #CucumberAndOlive #BraaiSalad #TzatzikiDressing #GrilledRecipe
Grilled Greek-Inspired Cucumber and Kalamata Olive Braai Salad with Tzatziki Dressing Recipe
This Grilled Greek-Inspired Cucumber and Kalamata Olive Braai Salad with Tzatziki Dressing is a delicious and healthy side dish that is perfect for your next backyard braai! The crunchy cucumbers are grilled with Kalamata olives, red onion, and garlic, and then tossed with a creamy, tangy Tzatziki dressing for a flavor-packed summer side dish.
- 2 cucumbers, sliced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the braai grill to medium-high heat (about 180°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumbers, Kalamata olives, red onion, garlic, and 3 tablespoons of the olive oil. Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the cucumber mixture on the preheated braai grill and cook for 10 minutes, flipping occasionally, until the vegetables are lightly charred and tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, lemon juice, and dill.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, and white wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the grilled cucumber mixture from the grill and place in a large bowl. Drizzle with the lemon-dill dressing and toss to combine.
- Serve the grilled cucumber and Kalamata olive salad with the tzatziki dressing. Enjoy!
- Store the leftover salad and dressing in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.