#Braai #Grill #Prawns #Harissa #Spicy
This Braai Spicy Harissa Grilled Prawns recipe is easy to make and perfect for your next summer BBQ. The combination of the spicy harissa and the grilled prawns make for an amazing flavour that will delight your guests.
- 1 kg prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons harissa paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the braai grill to medium-high heat (180-200°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the prawns, olive oil, harissa paste, garlic, cumin, coriander, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix until the prawns are evenly coated.
- Place the prawns on the preheated grill and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until they are cooked through and lightly charred.
- Transfer the cooked prawns to a platter and serve warm. Enjoy!
- To prepare the harissa marinade, combine the harissa paste, oil, garlic, cumin, coriander, paprika, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Whisk until the marinade is well combined.
- Place the prawns in the harissa marinade and mix until they are evenly coated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the prawns from the marinade and discard the remaining marinade.
- Grill the prawns on the preheated braai grill for 3-4 minutes on each side, until they are cooked through and lightly charred.